Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





08 April 2011

SURPISE! A HOUSE!!!


You might be as surprised as he was

... to hear that we bought another house!

We close on June 1st and couldn't be happier or feel more blessed. God has smiled on us.

From the moment I expressed my feelings to Erik about not wanting to do the long-distance family thing for the next year, to the email we got from a second year medical student wondering if our house was for rent (we didn't even do any advertising, just a text message to one of his classmates!), to my mom regaining her strength quickly enough after surgery to come down house shopping with me, to empowering me with the knowledge and confidence to buy a house on my own... there is NO way any of what has happened in the last month would have ever turned out the way it did without God's presence.

After I made a [very low] offer on a really awesome, really big house, I questioned whether or not it was the right decision... Maybe we should just rent? Maybe we should invest in a smaller, less expensive house?... With doubts racing through my head, I prayed that we were making the right decision, and if we weren't making the right decision, I really had faith that God would see it that even our highest offer would not be accepted. After I got off the phone with our realtor, giving him to go-ahead with our "best and final" offer, he called the other realtor and the family called back in less than three minutes to say that they would accept our offer. WOW!

We have been blessed and I am fully confident that we are right where God has intended for us to be.

Come visit!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! God is SO good ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me!
    -Melody

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin